Resorts Casino in Atlantic City, New Jersey was the first legal casino aside from those in Nevada. The casino, which has been around for decades, launched its self-named online sports betting platform in early 2019.
|US Regulated Sportsbook (legal)||Yes|
Despite focusing heavily on the online casino part of the app, nothing is sacrificed on the sports betting side. Resorts Sportsbook is a solid all-around choice for anyone in New Jersey looking to set up an online casino and/or sports betting account.
- Resorts Sportsbook has a variety of team and prop bets, FastPicks bets, and live bets.
- Excellent customer service.
- Resorts Sportsbook offers pre-game statistics, odds boosts, and a live match tracker.
- The mobile app can be sluggish at times.
- The early cash out feature is not offered.
Is Resorts Sportsbook Safe?
Resorts Sportsbook is considered low-risk, with an overall Trust Score of 70 of 99. Resorts Sportsbook is a legal online sportsbook available to anyone in New Jersey state lines. Trust Score is determined by a number of factors, such as years in business, legal status, and global footprint, amongst others.
Resorts Sportsbook offers parlays, teasers, round robins, handicaps, futures, props, and straight bets (moneyline, total, spread). Over 100 total bets are typically offered for soccer matches, and 40 – 55 total bets for NBA, NHL, and MLB games. The variety of bets and props is great, and FastPicks are a unique betting type exclusive to Resorts.
- Resorts Sportsbook offers a variety of player props, typically focused on whether or not the player will record over/under a specific statistic. An example in basketball would be over/under total points, rebounds, or assists for Stephen Curry.
- FastPicks is a betting type unique to Resorts Sportsbook. FastPicks has bettors pick the winner of player matchups, with players scoring fantasy points for recording different statistics. You can bet between three and ten matchups at once, needing to pick all matchups correctly for a payout.
- Boosted odds are offered for different leagues.
- Resorts Sportsbook does not offer the early cash out feature, which allows users to cash in a bet slip before the game is completed.
Banking Options and Fees
Resorts Sportsbook offers eight different deposit options, including ACH (e-check), debit/credit Card (Visa/Mastercard), PayPal, Resorts prepaid card, online banking transfer, PayNearMe, Neteller, and the Resorts casino cage in Atlantic City. Minimum deposits are $10 for all methods.
Resorts Sportsbook has six withdrawal methods: ACH (e-check), PayPal, Resorts prepaid card, online bank transfer, Neteller, and casino cage at Resorts in Atlantic City. All withdrawal methods are funded within three to five business days at the latest.
My only complaint with the banking options is the $100 minimum withdrawal for PayPal withdrawals. Aside from that, Resorts Sportsbook offers excellent banking options.
|Total Deposit Methods||8|
|No Debit/Credit Card Deposit Fees||Yes|
|Deposit Min/Max - Debit/Credit Card||$10/Varies|
|Total Withdrawal Methods||6|
|Check Payout Speed is < 10 days||Yes|
|No Withdrawal Fees - Check||Yes|
|Withdrawal Min/Max - Check||$10/Varies|
When this review was written in May Resorts Sportsbook offered bets on 13 different sports. Throughout the year Resorts will offer up to 18 different sports, with a few additional oddball selections like beach volleyball or water polo. Domestic leagues aside, Resorts Sportsbook offers a variety of international soccer, tennis, and golf leagues, as well as the CFL for football.
|Total Sports Offered||13|
|Aussie Rules (AFL)||Yes|
|Sports & Bets Offered|
The odds data below was gathered over the course of several months and contained over 10,000 data points. Data from 21 total sportsbooks were collected for NBA, Soccer, and NHL games, 17 for NFL games, 18 for NCAA games, and 16 for MLB games.
|Soccer Moneyline||Below Average|
|MLB Moneyline||Above Average|
Resorts Sportsbook offers live betting on the most popular sports and leagues, as well as a few obscure sports such as Aussie Rules and Cricket.
- Resorts Sportsbook offers fast market bets. These bets focus on short periods in a game. For example, bets are offered on whether or not there will be a goal, corner kick, or penalty in the next five minutes of a soccer game.
- A live match tracker displays ball movement throughout the game, as well as statistics for both teams.
- Resorts Sportsbook offers a decent variety of live bets.
Customer service at Resorts Sportsbook is great; I was consistently met with helpful employees who knew what direction to point me in. Live chat and phone support are 24/7. Email support is also available.
Loading times put a grey spot on an otherwise fundamentally sound application. Resorts Casino application is available on both Android and iOS devices.
Education and Research
Resorts Sportsbook offers bettors educational videos explaining popular betting types, as well as pre-game and live statistics provided by SportRadar and ENET Scores. There is also a page dedicated to explaining FastPick.
- Popular betting types are explained on videos.
- Statistics preview head-to-head history, over/under history, league standings, and more.
- There is no video explaining handicap bets, which Resorts offers.
Resorts Casino has been up and running for decades, a true veteran in the casino industry. The company is new to sports betting and has a sound reputation thus far as an operator. If anything changes or if any controversy arises, I will be sure to edit this paragraph.
Resorts Casino currently offers over 500 online slots. The online casino and sportsbook also offer three card poker, baccarat, multiple variations of blackjack, numerous variations of roulette and video poker, and more. Live dealer baccarat, blackjack, roulette, three card poker, and ultimate Texas Holdem are available every day.
Resorts Sportsbook offers a variety of promotions focused on getting users to play their casino games. Sports betting promotions in May of 2019 include a first bet matched up to $250, up to a 60% bonus on parlays, and free weekly bets.
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed the online sportsbook offered by Resorts. The bet variety and FastPicks, good live bets, and excellent customer service combine for an enjoyable all-around experience. Because of this, Resorts edges out other New Jersey sportsbooks with a casino-first mindset such as Golden Nugget, Caesars, and Hard Rock.
For the BettingBuck.com annual best online sportsbooks review published in 2020, a total of 2,300 data points were collected over six months and used to score sportsbooks. Additionally, odds data was collected for each sportsbook on over 1,400 bets to give each sportsbook a comparative odds ranking.
Sports betting sites were scored across seven core categories to computer an overall rating: total number of sports and bets offered, odds, live betting features, mobile apps, educational resources, ease of use, and current bonuses.
Learn more about how we test.
About the author: Joey Shadeck Joey Shadeck is the lead writer for BettingBuck.com and content strategist for Michigan-based Reink Media Group. He has closely tracked sports betting in the United States for the last two years, compiling hundreds of data points across dozens of sportsbooks. He has 5 years of online betting experience with hundreds of bets placed during that time.