Before diving into the review, I need to clarify the difference between BetAmerica’s sportsbook and horse racing site. nj.BetAmerica.com is BetAmerica’s sportsbook for New Jersey residents. BetAmerica.com is a website that takes bets on horse and greyhound races from residents of 30 different states. You cannot integrate your account between these two sites, which is why nothing offered on BetAmerica.com is included in the scoring of this review.
If you do enjoy betting on horses, I encourage you to check out BetAmerica.com. BetAmerica.com provides racing data, handicapping, and education. They offer bets on qualifiers and small-time races, as well as nationally televised races such as the Kentucky Derby. Live video streaming is available for horse and greyhound racing, as well as free handicapping info. Between harness racing, quarter horse racing, and greyhound racing there are hundreds or races available each week.
With that distinction aside, let’s get into the review of BetAmerica’s sportsbook!
|US Regulated Sportsbook (legal)||Yes|
|Online Availability - Indiana||No|
|Online Availability - Iowa||No|
|Online Availability - New Jersey||Yes|
|Online Availability - Nevada||No|
|Online Availability - Pennsylvania||No|
|Online Availability - Rhode Island||No|
|Online Availability - West Virginia||No|
|Offshore Sportsbook (illegal)||No|
Despite having a good mobile app and customer support, BetAmerica is just an above-average sportsbook competing with the best of the best. Without being able to bet on the NBA or horse racing, bettors have too many other options to justify making BetAmerica their one-stop-shop for sports wagering.
- Statistics for sports around the world offered for free, as well as matchup previews.
- Good all-around mobile app.
- Variety of popular banking options.
- Search bar to easily access bets.
- NBA games are not available.
- Horse racing is not available.
- Variety of bets and live bets offered is average.
BetAmerica offers a decent variety of bets, including both team and player props. Aside from moneyline, spread, and total bets, MLB games average around 40 bets offered, NHL games between 35 – 45, and Soccer games well over 100. The available betting selection will be enough for the average sports bettor. BetAmerica currently offers parlay, teaser, round robin, future, prop, moneyline, total, and spread bets.
- Super odds are available for select bets. Super odds are boosted odds, which means a bettor might get +300 odds on a bet that is normally +180.
- The diversity of team prop bets offered on soccer games is impressive. Examples include multi-bet exact score, 1st half total goals, and 1st goal period, amongst others.
- BetAmerica has a search bar that allows bettors to easily find the bet they’re seeking.
- BetAmerica offers an early cash out feature. This feature allows bettors to prematurely sell an open bet slip before the game is over. The purpose of doing this is to minimize a loss early, or lock in some guaranteed profit before the game is over.
- There are not many player props available compared to competitors like SugarHouse and 888sport.
Banking Options and Fees
BetAmerica offers a variety of deposit and withdrawal options, with no-to-low minimum requirements.
- Deposits are accepted via online bank transfers, Visa/Mastercard, Play+, PayPal, Neteller, PayNearMe, or Skrill. Minimum deposit amounts range from $1 to $10.
- Withdrawal options include cash at the casino cage, online bank transfers, Play+, PayPal, Neteller, and Skrill. Withdrawal minimums range from one cent to $10.
|Total Deposit Methods||7|
|No Debit/Credit Card Deposit Fees||Yes|
|Deposit Min/Max - Debit/Credit Card||$1/Varies|
|Total Withdrawal Methods||6|
|Check Payout Speed is < 10 days||No|
|No Withdrawal Fees - Check||No|
|Withdrawal Min/Max - Check||Checks N/A|
BetAmerica offers a modest amount of sports for New Jersey sportsbooks. That said, the company doesn’t offer bets on NBA games or horse racing. New Jersey gambling laws won’t allow sportsbooks licensed through the Golden Nugget to offer NBA betting because the owner of the Golden Nugget (Tilman Feritta) also owns the Houston Rockets. If betting on the NBA is a necessity to you, I recommend using DraftKings instead.
|Total Sports Offered||15|
|Aussie Rules (AFL)||Yes|
- BetAmerica offers 15 different sports, including multiple international soccer leagues.
- BetAmerica does not currently accept bets on NBA games, a considerable drawback for potential bettors.
- BetAmerica’s online New jersey sportsbook does not accept wagers on horse racing. You must open a separate account with BetAmerica.com, a significant inconvenience.
BetAmerica was established after our 2018 odds testing concluded, so I was not able to grab the hundreds of data points necessary to compare it amongst other sportsbooks. Odds will be factored into the score for next years review.
BetAmerica offers a solid live betting experience that competes with most New Jersey sportsbooks. BetAemrica would be a top live betting choice if the company offered more live bets on a per-game basis.
- BetAmerica live betting features a live match tracker. The match tracker has a live clock, displays the score by quarter, and even shows which team is attacking in real time. While the match tracker is the same across other sites such as Golden Nugget and SugarHouse, it enhances any live betting experience.
- The live betting menu allows you to bet on one game while viewing the live score and clock of other games at the same time.
- BetAmerica offers fewer instant bets than other sportsbooks, meaning in-game bets that offer odds on the next drive or the next at-bat.
Customer service at BetAmerica is excellent, and replies quickly and efficiently. Employees were typically able to answer my questions in one or two responses. BetAmerica offers live chat, email, and phone support. The email and live chat support are available 24/7, while the phone support is available from 9 am – 11 pm ET.
BetAmerica’s mobile app functions well. Placing a bet, searching for a wager, and navigating to different sports are all quick and easy tasks on the app. Statistics are still available on the app, as well as casino games.
Education and Research
BetAmerica offers one educational page dedicated to explaining standard bet types. The company also offers an impressive amount of statistics and matchups previews.
- The statistics provided by BetAmerica are vague for sports like hockey and basketball, and more in-depth for sports such as soccer. Soccer statistics include goal attempts, shot attempts, red/yellow cards, goals scored, lineups and more. Hockey and basketball statistics only include the score for each quarter, team standings, and records for the last five games.
- Separate from its statistics log, BetAmerica offers matchup previews for each sport. These previews include meeting history between the two teams, last matches, player statistics and more. I enjoy seeing the matchup history between two teams before betting.
- While BetAmerica does a good job explaining the definition of each bet type it offers, it does not provide examples. First-time bettors might need a bit more to feel comfortable placing their first wagers.
Founded in 2019, BetAmerica only has a few months of experience under its belt. The young company has not had any issues regarding the payment of players or glitches in their sportsbooks. That said if anything changes I will be sure to update this section.
- BetAmerica uses SBTech for its software, which is a trusted and established provider.
- BetAmerica has minimal experience as a sportsbook.
I want to reiterate that BetAmerica.com is a great site to bet on horse and greyhound racing. Live video streaming is offered, as well as race history and winners for past races across the globe. Betting on horses online is legal in 30 different states. Please see our state guides for more information on legal horse racing in your state.
BetAmerica offers a bunch of promotions, ranging from free bet to parlay boosts and deposit matches. The screenshot below shows promotions being offered in May of 2019. The 100% deposit bonus has a rollover of 6X. The bet $5 get $20, and the live bet bonus promotions both have rollover requirements of $20, which is decent.
If BetAmerica.com had their horse racing site and platform integrated with their sports book, I would recommend it to sports bettors who also really enjoy betting on horse races. With that not being the case, BetAmerica is still an above-average sportsbook in a New Jersey market that has excellent sportsbooks.
For the BettingBuck.com annual best online sportsbooks review published in February 2019, a total of 2,300 data points were collected over six months and used to score sportsbooks. Additionally, odds data was collected for each sportsbook on over 1,400 bets to give each sportsbook a comparative odds ranking.
Learn more about how we test.
About the author: Joey Shadeck Joey Shadeck is a research analyst for BettingBuck.com. He has been a sports fan all his life, football and basketball being his two favorites to watch. Joey remembers betting his mom that the Green Bay Packers would beat the Detroit Lions as early as elementary school. He has 5 years of online betting experience with hundreds of bets placed during that time.